Fancy a recap on the lamentable Senate Wind Inquiry?
Now that the Inquiry's released its final report, we thought it was worth a look back at the work that AWA and our members and supporter put into the campaign against this ideologically motivated attack on wind power, driven by climate sceptics such as David Leyonhjelm and Bob Day and long-time wind opponent, John Madigan.
While this process looks like it will spawn a Wind Commissioner (as if CSG and coal had no public image or safety issues), the vast majority of the recommendations - and particularly those ones that seek to further attack the Renewable Energy Target - look set to go largely unheeded.
The recommendations now sit with Greg Hunt and you can contact him to ensure he gives them the short shrift they deserve.
Here's a summary, told in blog posts:
- AWA Media release on the Final report release
- AWA response to Questions on Notice
- Some background on the Wind Commissioner, Scientific committee
- AWA Media release on the Wind Commissioner announcement
- AWA response to Question on Notice from Nick Xenophon re carbon emissions from wind turbines
- AWA appearance at Inquiry
- AWA Goulburn members go to Inquiry
- AWA submission
- Some highlights from AWA members' submissions
- Why this 14th Inquiry into wind energy showed all the signs of having the outcome it eventually had