How would you like to work with the Australian Wind Alliance?
We're looking for a communications professional to help us tell the story of wind power's contribution to regional Australia and to a cleaner energy system.
Applications close Tuesday 28th August.
- Communications Coordinator Hours: 0.6-0.8 FTE neg 12 month contract
- Negotiable on qualifications and experience : c$75-80K pa pro rata
- Location: Canberra region desirable but not essential
An opportunity for a strategic communications professional to put your stamp on community perceptions of wind energy and to drive political change for clean energy.
The Australian Wind Alliance Ltd (AWA) is the national community voice for wind power, bringing together farmers, wind workers and environmentalists to build prosperous, clean-energy powered communities and help Australia tackle climate change. We are a not-for-profit, member-based organisation, established in 2013.
AWA is looking for a strategic, focussed and community-oriented communications professional to help craft AWA’s communications strategy, create and place online and offline material for the right audiences and ensure effective communication with our members and supporters.
- Refine and implement a communications plan to guide the communication aspects of AWA’s strategy
- Proactively build and disseminate story narratives that support campaign objectives
- Oversee production of engaging and strategic social media content and blogs
- Prepare a range of internal and external communications materials, including campaign collateral, annual reports, supporter communications, newsletters and political briefing papers
- Manage responsive media in collaboration with external consultants
- Manage AWA’s database to grow online supporters and deepen member’s engagement with the Alliance’s work
- Deliver metric-based reports on progress of the communications strategy
The successful candidate will be strategic, a clear thinker with a gift for writing and a deep interest in renewable energy politics and its application to regional communities. You will be able to keep the big picture in mind while operating in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment and work well in a small and interdependent team.
Selection Criteria Essential
- Strong experience developing and implementing strategic communications in a campaign context
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write compelling email, web and print content
- Demonstrated experience managing social media channels and website
- Demonstrated experience with media relations
- Demonstrated ability to build campaign support through communications channels.
- Demonstrated organisational skills, effectiveness under pressure and capacity and willingness to work in a small, interdependent team
- A high degree of autonomy, initiative and the discipline to work within strategic directives
- A passion for building Australia’s renewable energy future and improving the fabric of local communities
- A commitment to driving change towards a cleaner energy system
- Keen interest in Australian politics and news/current affairs
- Understanding of the needs and opportunities in rural and regional Australia
- Multimedia design skills such as photography and video production and editing, infographic development, document layout
- Awareness of community organising principles and concepts
- Experience with CRM database management, preferably Nationbuilder
- Experience with Google Analytics.
The Communications Coordinator will have a valid driving licence and access to a car to attend meetings and events as appropriate to the role. Reimbursement for out of pocket expenses will be negotiated at appointment.To apply for this position please send us your CV and a covering letter of no more than three pages that demonstrates how you meet each of the selection criteria.
AWA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
To discuss this role, email Andrew Bray, National Coordinator on 0434 769 463 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close at 5pm on Tuesday 28th August.